Thursday, September 1, 2011

My life story

I've just ordered the first photo album of our trip. I started with a selection of photos from the Caribbean islands. The amount of pictures is staggering - over 2600 all in all. Making a selection is interesting, to use an understatement. All of the images are available on my Flickr page, but making an album is like telling a story for me. You leave out certain things, and amplify others.


As we got together with friends over the past few months, I've been telling these stories. Any of those 2600 pictures has a story attached to it. The amount of things that happened, the number of little tidbits of knowledge I gained, the experience gathered is just staggering.



And it isn't just stories. It's everything, life itself, things you know, it all just seems to have.. altered. Reality is different, and this trip, like all longer trips I have taken in the past, has altered my reality. I realize again how diverse the world is, how many possible views of everything exist with different people al over this vast globe.

I now see that the past year has turned me into a large container of stories. So much has happened that I doubt I'll ever be able to tell even the most typical or striking ones. Writing a blog has certainly helped, but there is so much more waiting to be told or written down. It'll take a lifetime to digest the experience and turn it into my life story.


S8005331

No comments:

Post a Comment